See footnote for update
Unlike Pakatan who are beautiful, intelligent and courageous warriors for truth and justice.
Wonder what “promotion” up the ladder Hannah Yeoh has in mind coming the way of Nurul Izzah?
The Star renegade Joceline Tan wrote a few days ago:
“But more mind-boggling ambitions lay ahead. She [Nurul] was soon touted as a future prime minister and the next mentri besar of Selangor. Anyone who dared question whether she was being over-rated would be shot down by the Internet bullies and cybertroopers.”
More of interest to me than Nurul’s meteoric political career – which might well be cut short (intelligence has it that she’s lost the poorer Malay areas of Pantai Dalam although predictably she still holds Bangsar) – is Joceline’s observation on Internet bullies and cybertroopers.
Hannah Yeoh has even been dubbed a “DAP SuperCyber Bully” by the MCA Beliawanis treasurer (tweet screenshot below).
Joceline notes that ‘they’ shoot down anyone who dares question, be it Nurul’s hype or other DAP sacred relics.
The Internet bullies remind me of what I’ve read about Mao Zedong’s Red Guards. Like Chairman Mao, the petty despots in DAP promote bullying behaviour too.
For instance, Guan Eng’s remark about Ustaz Nasha “acting like an Umno agent” sparked an avalanche of DAPster hate comments against the former PAS deputy president.
MCA a big, big disappointment
- The Star preferred quoting DAP man, “he said, he said, he said” instead of victim — read here
I believe I speak for many non-opposition supporters when I say that we’ve had it up to here with the biadab and belligerent behaviour shown.
Following up on the Hee Yit Foong bid for Jelapang, here are a few samples of online comments. Screenshots taken from http://www.malaysiakini.com/news/214166 and http://www.malaysiakini.com/news/214246.
I’ve not bothered with the ones calling her a “bitch”, “prostitute”, mocking her physical disability or saying they’d be happy to spit in her face or pelt her with rotten eggs. We’re already quite familiar with all those.
Below are some that allow us to reflect a little bit more deeply. Not about her but about the real people (they’re not autobots but flesh-and-bone opposition supporters who subscribe to the news portal) making the comments.
Imagine if you had to live in a neighbourhood where DAPsters are just next door (think Taman Kaya).
1. Implying that YB Hee is an animal.
2. Hee is compared with a dog by a fruit (a Malaysiakini reader calling him/herself ‘mangodurian’) who must have borrowed the Haris Ibrahim-invented Integrity Meter.
3. BN candidates are always bad and ugly and the ruling coalition have never had good people.
4. Some FMT readers @ http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/opinion/2012/11/18/rumble-in-jelapang have the same mindset and vocabulary as Malaysiakini subscribers. Their thuggery makes it virtually impossible to air online any contrary-to-DAPster views.
5. Typical DAPster name-calling: “Yang Berhormat or Yang Bangsat?”
6. And someone had to drag in Rosmah’s name.
7. I’d said MCA is a big disappointment because MCA tries to appease and play to the populist gallery. One Malaysiakini reader reckons that Chua Soi Lek thinks Hee is a liability even for his party.
8. Hee is labelled a “pariah with BN kind of mentality”.
9. Below are three more Malaysiakini comments alluding to the payoff that Hee is alleged to have received for her crossover.
It does make you pause and think, doesn’t it? Why is Hee Yit Foong refusing to slip away quietly into the night?
Why, knowing full well how she will be vilified and worse, has she offered to defend her seat? Some quaint sense of honour?
10. The fact that Hee wants to be fielded again in Jelapang implies that she’s not willing to throw in the towel and surrender without a fight to DAP.
Compare her with MCA which have – to all intents and purposes – signalled their archrival, “Just bury us old fossils, please”.
Hee has more balls than MCA
Of course she can’t win. Neither can the MCA. Even if DAP put up a branch or a broomstick, the seat is still theirs.
But better to at least field a candidate prepared to do battle than one simply waiting to roll over and play dead.
It’s high time that someone stands up to the DAP streetfighters. MCA sure as hell ain’t doing the job.
Two photographs of the Sime Darby Medical Centre Mother Mary image (ref. Comment #5 below).
People see what they want to see — BN as ugly, Pakatan as beautiful (doh)
Apparently, the Mary image is not apparent at night, only a dark blotch is visible.
One explanation for the image looking like it does during daytime is sunlight (i.e. when light strikes glass, the prism effect and whatever material that is making the shape of the image)
Anyone can contribute to discussion?
Can anyone locate online a photo of the second window pane at the same hospital bearing the Jesus image?