Excerpts from Datuk Ti Lian Ker’s blog. He is the former MCA state assemblyman for Teruntum in the Kuantan parliamentary constituency.
I’ve copypasted several passages that I found interesting and putting them under bullet points. Ti’s web page is screenshot below.
By Dr Looi:
- “Yes, why only the Malaysian Chinese and no other racial groups are involved in this comical anti-Lynas debacle. […] Practically all anti-Lynas nincompoops are Chinese …
- [Jade Lee:] ‘It was a few church leaders in Kuantan who have first started to discuss the Lynas issue and to raise awareness of their congregation to oppose this project.’
- Once the madness started, a few of the local Chinese newspapers picked up the story and amplified the fear by persistently reporting on every word that the anti-Lynas say, even though they are something that is obviously absurd like the Lynas plant is a nuclear plant and is going to explode and spread radioactivity all over the country.
- Then, as usual, the local politicians saw the fantastic opportunity to accuse the establishment of allowing such a dangerous plant to be established in Kuantan. Because the general election is coming soon, they could not let this golden opportunity to pass by, and so jump right into the fray. With their massive financial backing, the opposition, together with some naive unthinking minds started the anti-Lynas campaign.
- The anti-Lynas Red Guards have deployed an army of cyber harassers and cyber thugs in all the Malaysian blogs and other news media to intimidate anyone who oppose them and they are very successful so far.
- Very few people dare to speak up, and all those who dare to do so are being intimidated, harassed and boycotted by the brainwashed zombies. The main aim of these cyber thugs has nothing to do with getting rid of Lynas … but they are using this golden opportunity to brainwash and instill hatred for the present government, thus enabling them to win the coming general election.
- Fortunately, all the other racial groups do not read Chinese and the propaganda do not affect them and as a result, the Malays and Indians are unaffected.”
The link to Datuk Ti’s blog is here.
Related posting: Perarakan Himpunan Hijau di KL berbaur pengaruh politik DAP