Excerpts from Tun Daim Zainuddin’s interview with China Press.
Replying to the reporter’s questions, he said:
- “If you see the recent rallies and that majority of the participants are Chinese, what do you think will happen if one hot-headed Malay organisation wants to organise a counter rally?”
- “If I know, then surely BN knows that the Chinese majority areas were gone. Why waste time and money?”
- “Many people disputed that there was a Chinese tsunami. But there was, in the sense that Chinese voters voted en block whilst non-Chinese votes were split; […] What was disturbing was the reason for the en block votes. Pakatan preached hatred for BN particularly Umno.”
- “DAP have always told the Chinese that they are victims, marginalised; that the cup they have is always half empty; that this is the time to teach MCA and Gerakan a lesson for being under Umno’s control, that Umno (and by extension the Malays) were dominant, and this was a Malay-led government, and the Chinese by voting out all the Chinese parties in BN is saying that they have had enough of being bullied by Umno / Malays. If this is not racist, I don’t know what is.”
- Their cybertroopers were at work, 24 hours a day, sending misinformation, spins, rumours, lies, untruths etc. Where were the Banglas? Where was the blackout? How many people whose ink washed off, voted twice? Tun M flew away in a private jet? Lies and lies and the Chinese believe in “ubah” and “Ini kali lah”.
- “I have explained at length in the answer above. Chinese votes for the Pakatan reached 90% because they believed in Pakatan’s propaganda.”
- “I have explained the Chinese tsunami. Of course, Pakatan have to say it is not Chinese tsunami, otherwise they will be held responsible for this racial divide. Are they denying the Chinese voted en block and Malay votes were split? No one is blaming the Chinese, but this what it is. As I said they were misled and they voted Pakatan but again it is their right to buy into that argument and voted to kick the BN out.”
The full interview can be read in A. Kadir Jasin’s blog, here.
*** *** ***
I just have one comment to add.
If the Chinese tsunami on May 5 was to punish the BN as Tun Daim suggests, what do you think that the #Black 505 actions and non-stop accusations of cheating amount to? Those people are still hell-bent on trying to punish the BN and the government, no?
You can read one of them @ http://www.malaysiakini.com/letters/230963