Update (12.45pm): According to The J-Star, all three stalls – as can be seen in the photo below – are for showering. However the paper’s floor plan diagram puts the toilet beside the “changing room-canteen”.
Update (5.45am): Malay men having some kind of berbuka puasa (looks like) in the same Seri Pristana ‘canteen’.
With this revelation, I hope that the Dapsters bashing the Malays will ease off a bit on the race factor.
1. Blogger Dhanyaraam who visited Sekolah Kebangsaan Pristana yesterday reported that until the start of fasting month, Malay pupils had also been using the shower room as their ‘canteen’ as well.
2. The rooms marked tandas-tandas are the left and right in the photograph below which is uploaded in Dhanyaraam’s blog entry, ‘Canteen In Changing Room , FACTS That You Should Know‘.
In the viral photos circulated yesterday, we had seen the interior of the left-side room – the one with the shower(s) – HERE.
It is where the Indian pupils were eating during recess.
3. In the photos Facebooked by a parent of one of the affected pupils, the door of one shower cubicle could be seen ajar. The doors of two other cubicles were closed and we can’t ascertain from the photos whether those cubicles contained showers or flush toilets.
The room on the right (in Dhanyaraam’s blog photo above) looks like where the Muslim children ambil wuduk.
Speaker Hannah Yeoh membatu api
4. Dhanyaraam says the school PTA is aware of the temporary arrangement, since March, of having the Seri Pristana pupils eat in the ‘tandas’.
5. Unfortunately this piece of news is so sensational that the opposition is having a field day fanning sentiments to kenakan MIC Deputy Education Minister P. Kamalanathan.
Against the backdrop of our escalating race and religious tensions, this confrontational approach is potentially explosive.
6. True to form, politicians who love exploiting sensitive issues like the Speaker of Selangor have already capitalized on the opportunity (see Hannah Yeoh’s tweet on the school, below).
Canteen arrangement during puasa month
7. According to the blogger Dhanyaraam, the school principal had explained the reason for the eating tables and chairs being placed there, i.e. due to the water supply (wash basins) facility.
While the principal Mohamad Nasir Mohd Nor has shed some light on the inexplicable use of the ‘tandas’ as a makeshift dining area, another question still hangs in the air.
As Dhanyaraam has rightly pointed out:
Why did SK Seri Pristana close its canteen during Ramadan? Don’t the non-Muslim pupils need to eat?
Or in other words, the canteen should have been kept open for the sprinkling of non-Muslim pupils even if the regular Muslim food caterers are not operating throughout the fasting period.
Instead the canteen was cordoned off — photo here.
8. Seri Pristina is a school with a big enrolment.
However in keeping with the salient feature of the Sekolah Kebangsaan nationwide, it has only a very, very small number of non-Malay students. Therein lies the root of the problem of the needs of the minorities casually shunted aside.
Check it out yourself
9. For the netizens abuzz with indignation or curiosity, Dhanyaraam makes a fair offer.
“If you guys are not satisfied, follow me tomorrow to the school. We can see it together. PIBG will be there as well. Email me if you are coming email@example.com“.
10. There will be a media circus in the school today for sure.
United against DAP SuperCyber Bullies
I had ‘met’ blogger Dhanyaraam earlier before when we both posted about Hannah Yeoh’s Twitter fib, see ‘Hannah Yeoh pun boleh buat silap mata Excel !!‘
Dhanyaraam had caught The J-Star manufactured media star Hannah Yeoh removing a tweet after she was outted fibbing by two other bloggers @jasmeenz and @seademon on the matter of a resident association meeting.
His screenshot below of Hannah’s Twitter timeline showing how she deleted her tweet after her fib was exposed by the bloggers.
Below: My screenshot of Hannah Yeoh’s yet another timeline where she had deleted a separate and different contentious tweet.
I hope more and more people will begin to realise that with Iguana Eng and his DAP evangelista coterie, these slippery methods are deeply ingrained in their lidah bercabang, biawak DNA.
Hence it comes as no surprise that these oppo pollies are such firm favourites with pro-DAP paper The Sneaky Star and among the Scissorrati.
RALAT: Spelling of name of school corrected (updated 10.10am)