Ahli Parlimen PKR Selayang William Leong Jee Keen mengambil kesempatan hari Maulidur Rasul ini untuk menyampaikan sepucuk perutusan yang diberikannya tajuk ‘Time for good sense and goodwill to prevail‘ (FMT, 14 Jan 2104).
Nampaknya sekarang ini politikus evangelista dan para penyokong mereka sudah mampu mengajar Quran kepada Muslim pada hari kebesaran umat Islam.
(Klik 2x untuk besarkan)
Kata YB William Leong, “As we join our Muslim friends in celebrating the birthday of the Holy Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, let us, Malaysians, reflect on the message that was revealed through the Holy Prophet to find the light to resolve the kalimah ‘Allah’ issue.”
Tambah beliau lagi, “Religion is a unifying force. It is a bridge connecting all of us where we can find common ground since the all religions teaches the same good values. Religion becomes a divisive force when those for their own agenda magnify the differences. I am sure Muslims and non-Muslims can forge a better understanding by building the commonalities from the message of the Holy Prophet:
Kata William Leong, “1 The Quran teaches that Islam, Allah’s religion is the same in essence whether given, for example, to Noah, Abraham, Moses or Jesus or to the Holy Prophet. The source of unity is the revelation from Allah. Islam is the continued faithful religion in the same line of Prophets before Muhammad:”
“The same religion has He established for you as that which He enjoined Noah… and that which He has sent by inspiration to thee – and that which We enjoined on Abraham, Moses and Jesus.”
- Surah Al-Shura 42:13 The Quran as translated by Abdullah Yusuf Ali
Kata William Leong, “The Quran teaches that scriptures given by these Prophets are genuine scriptures from God. Mere disputations are futile. In order to achieve the purpose of true standard bearers for Allah, we shall have to find true common grounds of belief and also shown by urbanity, kindness, sincerity, truth, and genuine anxiety for the good of others. The religion of all true and sincere men of Faith is, or should be, one:”
“And dispute ye not with the People of the Book, except with means better (than mere disputation), unless it be with those of them who inflict wrong (and injury): but say, We believe in the revelation which has come down to us and in that which came down to you: our Allah and your Allah is One; and it is to Him we bow (in Islam) ”
- Surah Al-Ankabut 29.46
Kata William Leong, “2 The Quran teaches that all scriptures should be respected:”
“O ye who believe! Believe in Allah and His Messenger, and the scripture which He hath sent to His Messenger and the scripture which He sent to those before (him). Any who denieth Allah, His Angels, His Books, His Messengers, and the Day of Judgment, hath gone far, far astray”
- Surah Al-Nisa 4:136
“Say: “We believe in Allah, and in what has been revealed to us and what was revealed to Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, and the Tribes, and in (the Books) Given to Moses, Jesus and the Prophets, from their Lord: We make no distinction between one and another among them, and to Allah do we bow our will (in Islam)”
- Surah Al-Imran 3:84
Kata William Leong, “3 A very important section of the Quran which deals with the scripture of the Jews and the Christians and their relation to the Quran is Surah 5:43-49. These verses record how Jews came to the Prophet Muhammad to ask him for a decision and the Surah tells the answer given:”
“43. But why do they come to thee for decision when they have (their own) law before them?-there is the (plain) Command of Allah; yet even after that, they would turn away. For they are not (really) people of Faith.
44. It was We who revealed the Law (to Moses); therein was guidance and light. By its standard have been judged the Jews, by the prophets who bowed (as In Islam) to Allah’s will, by the Rabbis and the Doctors of Law: for them was entrusted the protection of Allah’s Book, and they were witnesses thereto: therefore fear not men, but fear Me, and sell not My Signs for a miserable price.
46. And in their footsteps We sent Jesus the son of Mary, confirming the Law that had come before him. We sent the Gospel: therein was guidance and light, and confirmation of the Law that had come before him: a guidance and an admonition to those who fear Allah.
47. Let the People of the Gospel judge by what Allah had revealed therein. If any do fail to judge by (the light of) what Allah hath revealed, they are (no better) than those rebel.
48. To thee We sent the Scripture in truth, confirming the scripture that came before it, and guarding it in safety: so judge between them by what Allah hath revealed, and follow not their vain desires, diverging from the Truth that hath come to thee. To each among you have We prescribed a law and an Open Way. If Allah had so willed, he would have made you a single people, but (His Plan is) to test you in what He hath given you: so strive as in a race in all virtues. The goal of you is Allah; it is He that will show you the truth of the matters that will show you the truth of the matters in which ye dispute;”
- Surah Al-Maidah 5;43-49
Kata William Leong, “The above verse teaches that different religious groups (Jews, Christians, Muslims, People of the Book) have each been given divine law and that each group is to make their decisions based upon what they have been given. The Quran maintains that the Torah and the Bible is the word of God and make no distinction between any of the Holy Books. The Quran recognises that there are also faithful People of the Book:”
“113. Not all of them are alike: of the People of the Book are a portion that stand (for the right); they rehearse the Signs of Allah all night long, and they prostrate themselves in adoration.
114. They believe in Allah and the Last Day; they enjoin what is right, and forbid what is wrong, and they hasten (in emulation) in (all) good works. They are in the rank of the righteous.
115. Of the good that they do, nothing will be rejected of them, for Allah knoweth well those that do right”
- Surah Al-Imran 3:113-115