Ahmad Mustapha Hassan, a former press secretary to Tun Razak, today shares his views on why Najib does not have the qualities to be PM.
Ahmad Mustapha wrote in his column ‘Najib losing the moral right to lead the country‘, published in the news portal Ant Daily:
- Najib does not have control of his own government
- Najib does not have the full backing of his own political party
- Najib is not decisive
- Najib is unable to act promptly
- Najib does not have a vision and a goal
Ahmad Mustapha makes this damning indictment: “Unfortunately, Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak has none of the above qualities [in control, decisive, prompt, visionary, achievement-oriented] and will never have any of these leadership traits”.
Furthermore, according to Ahmad Mustapha:
- Najib’s intelligence is questionable
- Najib is over-dependent on foreign consultants
- Najib spends the rakyat’s money as if there is no tomorrow, both on his consultants and on other things
- Najib has no basic understanding of simple economics (c.f. the “classic kangkung episode”)
Ahmad Mustapha feels that Najib is “the first prime minister of Malaysia who has become the butt of jokes for the things he did and for the things he said.”
Other than that, Ahmad Mustapha also highlights that:
- Najib has no credible team
- Najib never came out with any definitive statement on the ‘Allah’ word
- Najib avoids facing controversy. He fears offending the Muslims. He also fears offending the non-Muslims
- Najib never walks the talk but he flies away out of Malaysia as often as he likes
- Najib is not in control; he has lost control of the government, of the party and of the country
Ahmad Mustapha concludes with the advice that Najib’s time “should end promptly for the sake of the future of the people and the country”.
Contrasting the distinguished father and the son, Ahmad Mustapha is convinced that Najib is found very much wanting when compared to our country’s second prime minister.
Ahmad Mustapha’s article is screenshot at the bottom of this page.
All of the points reproduced above are solely the views of Ahmad Mustapha. As mentioned in the intro, he is Tun Razak’s former press secretary.
I would however disagree with Ahmad Mustapha when he says that Najib has no credible team. Some of the Cabinet members appear to be competent.
It is just most unfortunate that Najib has a Menteri Kangkung – winner of the Shout! Awards – who daily screams for attention. The honorable Prime Minister has all the wrong people the closest around him who are walking disasters for a continued BN rule of the country.
BELOW: Tweet by Khairy Jamaluddin’s press secretary
(Click 2x to enlarge)