What kind of people are happy at the death of a woman whose name most of us are unfamiliar with?
Updated 12.23am (March 16) with J-Star reader responses to the Wanita MCA vice chairman’s death from cancer.
*** *** ***
‘Six die of drug overdose at music festival‘ (The J-Star, 15 March 2014)
This story was Facebooked more than 10,000 times by J-Star readers and tweeted more than 1,900 times.
Responses by the J-Star readers:
25% are HAPPY at the news that six people died of drug overdose at a concert in Bukit Jalil, KL (see screenshot at bottom of page)
4% are INSPIRED by the news of the six deaths
10% are AMUSED that six people lost their lives
Only 8% are SAD
20% of J-Star readers are HAPPY, 20% INSPIRED and 20% AMUSED that Lim Bee Kau succumbed to cancer.
Now take a guess where the majority of J-Star readers might have learned their attitude from?
Flashback: Hannah Yeoh once told her 80,000 devoted twits that attending 3 funerals in a week “did something good” to her soul.
Yup, maybe the role model exalted by the MCA-owned paper to its readership has exerted a trending influence after all.
MCA paper is Hannah Yeoh’s biggest fan
Remember that they tweeted her appointment as Speaker 10 times within a span of 24 hours … so very excited were the editors at the news.
And when Hannah Yeoh give birth, they trumpeted the arrival of her Firster baby over half a page (a Star treatment reserved for celebrities the stature of Princess Diana).
@hannahyeoh Twitter was given a rocket boost in its meteoric rise due to the aggressive promotion carried out by The J-Star.
On the other hand, how do you think J-Star readers are reacting to MCA vice president Chew Mei Fun?
Dapster Khairy is new J-Star favourite
The paper’s report headlined ‘Kajang folk warming up to Chew, says Liow‘ ANNOYED 75 percent of its readers who gave their feedback and AMUSED the remaining 25 percent. None of them were HAPPY or INSPIRED by the lacklustre article written half-heartedly by a Scissorati. The J-Star reporters howl in protest unhappily whenever they are assigned to cover MCA.
It’s clear as daylight that The J-Star is a nest of evangelistas.
Can anybody tell me the name of the current Wanita MCA president? Her name appeared in the MCA-controlled paper a grand total of 3 times during the past month, btw, compared to “Khairy Jamaluddin”, 40 times.
Dapster Khairy is becoming the J-Star‘s new blue-eyed boy. So maybe his Girl Friday does really deserve her big salary that she is getting from him.
Click 2x to enlarge