Best news we’ve had in years
UPDATED (23 July 2015):
1. The appointment of Datuk Rahman Dahlan is an inspired if left field decision. It should have been done years ago. I reckon that his being given the post now is a last ditch effort by the Najib administration when other avenues (like Lim Kok Wing as one example) have failed.
2. The opposition is very focused on carrying out their agenda of turning public perception against the establishment. They’re not allowing anything to stand in their way, not even if our country is burned to ashes in the process.
BN is not like that. And that’s why BN has been losing the perception battle.
3. I like what Rahman Dahlan has accomplished so far in the short time, i.e. sending out a strong message that BN will no longer permit the sneaky bastards to get away with murder (i.e. no free pass from now on), and making it clear that BN is drawing a line in the sand.
His Twitter timeline is imbued with semangat berjuang.
I recall that Datuk Rahman once rolled up his sleeves and caught a python, together with the Fire Dept. during a function where he was the VIP guest. That’s the way to go! and the kind of approach we need from the BN. I only wish we could clone ARD and roll the model off the assembly line.
4. What BN has been missing is someone who has a bird’s eye view of the war zone. Yes, we’re at war with the oppo. And during times of war, what we need is firm leadership. Even though we might at times appear to be on shaky ground the war generals must not appear to waver.
The troops need to have faith and trust in the general – like how the Desert Fox, German WW2 general Erwin Rommel inspired his men – even when it seems that the war is not going in our favour.
Compare: Pakatan managed to get their sheeple to believe in the 40,000 Bangla phantom voters, so much so that they were willing to turn out in the tens of thousands for the ‘Blackout’ rallies.
Datuk Rahman will have to set the direction, pull all the strings together and take charge as THE GOVERNMENT SPOKESMAN. He is capable of doing this – I believe he can. Please take the bull by the horns.
5. What is at stake: I have Malay friends who declare “Over my dead body” at the idea of DAP taking over Putrajaya. I share their sentiments. No way will we allow the dajjal to rule.
Lastly, I have great hope that Datuk Rahman will be able to turn the tide. The fortunes of war can change if the right man and the right strategy are put in place when it matters most.
Abdul Rahman Dahlan’s appointment as BN strategic communications director … fantastic.