Five news items from this long weekend:
5. “NEVER question the loyalty and patriotism of the Malaysian Chinese towards our beloved nation, Malaysia.” – MCA (Ti Lian Ker, Religious Harmony Bureau chairman)
4. “No doubt he was the star of the Bersih 4 rally.” – The Malaysian Insider on how the crowd wildly “applauded and cheered” Tun Mahathir
Source: TMI (‘Winners and losers in Bersih 4’ editorial)
3. “I am here to express my anger at Najib.” – Clare Rewcastle at the Bersih assembly in London and sharing the stage with Marina Mahathir
Source: Malaysiakini (‘The irony of Najib’s 1Malaysia’)
2. “Every step at Bersih is for [my daughter’s] generation!” – Hannah Yeoh, even though Grandpapa Dapster, Papa Dapster and Mama Dapster all failed to wear the Bersih T-shirt
1. “Perkasa condemns the act by insolent Chinese youths who stepped on Hadi’s photo.” – Ibrahim Ali … but Perkasa not offended that Najib’s photo was also stepped on at the same time?
Umno should get Perkasa a new president.
Tukar angin will be beneficial for Malay unity.