Orlando mass shooting sparks another round of Islamophobia
If you read Malaysia’s English language press that is controlled/dominated by the Christians, then you will understand the Quran’s verse 2:120.
One example of sengaja nak kenakan orang Melayu-Islam can be seen @ http://www.themalaymailonline.com/malaysia/article/as-world-grieves-over-orlando-shooting-some-malaysians-welcome-killings
1. Omar Mateen killed at least 50 people and wounded 53 more after opening fire on patrons of a gay nightclub in Florida, according to breaking news.
2. The gunman’s father Seddique Mateen suggested a possible catalyst for Omar’s shooting spree. Seddique revealed that his son had been infuriated by the sight of men touching and kissing in the public toilet a few months before.
3. On Sunday, Omar also took 30 hostages in Orlando city’s Pulse nightclub. They were rescued by police who shot dead their captor.
SIDE NOTE: Offering “thoughts and prayers”, “prayers and thoughts” is the standard operating procedure driving the evangelistas’ quick-fix PC (political correctness) bandwagon
4. FBI had previously probed Omar in two terror-related cases, reports said. It appears Omar pledged allegiance to ISIS prior to carrying out his massacre.
5. ISIS has claimed responsibility for the shooting which President Obama called an “act of terror”.
6. Donald Trump, predictably, was quick to weigh in.
The New York Times described Trump’s anti-Muslim stance as follows:
“He has made his hard line against Muslims central to his campaign, and, even after claiming the Republican nomination and turning to a broader electorate, he has refused to back off from his call to temporarily ban Muslims from traveling to America.” — ‘After Orlando massacre, Donald Trump says it shows he is ‘right’ about terrorism’ (NYT on 12 June 2016)
7. The Mateen family had emigrated to the USA from Afghanistan.
8. A counter-terrorism expert interviewed by Fox News blamed Obama’s “political correctness” for the “jihadi” terrorism. Sebastian Gorka, chair of Military Theory at Marine Corps University, said:
“Maria, we need to stop using words like ‘shocking’. Nobody should be shocked. This is what they have been planning to do after Paris, after Brussels. Nobody should be surprised. Likewise, this isn’t to be called a tragedy. This isn’t an Amtrak train being derailed. This is part of the global jihadi strategy. It’s not an accident. It is war against America.”
Gorka urged the White House to stop with the political correctness when war is being waged against Uncle Sam, saying: “We need to destroy this enemy before more innocent people … are murdered on U.S. soil”.
9. “Federal investigators said they were looking into reports that he [Omar] recited prayers to Allah during the attack,” said a Los Angeles Times story.
10. This episode, which extracted the highest number of casualties in the USA’s history of mass shooting, has provoked a backlash against Muslims by the American public.
The nasty things being said in media feedback and in the social media about Muslims and Islam is par for the course. I don’t have to repeat them here.
The animosity and hostility from the conservative Christian demography who are Trump supporters is real.
11. The born again Christians of Jerusubang feel the same way about Muslims.
Malaysia’s evangelistas definitely share the negative sentiments about Islam as felt in the American Bible Belt and among the resurgent Christian right across Europe.
12. Hadi Awang’s assessment of the antagonism harboured by DAP is spot-on. The party is, after all, led by messianic Christians who carry their faith’s millennia-long baggage of the triumphalist Crusades.
Taqiyah puak evangelista
DAP the evangelical party is indeed anti-Islam.
But in order to pull wool over Malay eyes, the DAP’s balaci-balaci Melayu are doing their darndest to try and persuade readers to be accommodating of minority demands — such as conceding kalimah ‘Allah’ and avowing secularism.
These macai DAP want to convince Umno voters that the parti Melayu is “racist” (or extremist in religion), “hateful” and “despicable” and must be shunned.
So to avoid being labelled ‘racist, hateful and despicable’ like their party Umno, Malays are told to always toe the line of political correctness. They must be remember to be “nice” (read: self-hating Muslims) all the time, love the enemy of Islam and turn the other cheek.
To be perceived as nice and not a hater, Malays must strive to emulate the love-love-love mantra that’s loudly and noisily chanted by the Christians. This is what well-paid Melayu cybertrooopers are preaching in their pro-DAP blogs.
It is sad how some gullible and impressionable Malays are willing to subdue themselves and accept all the stereotypical ‘Taliban’ putdowns just to attain the approval of the fashionable Christians.
Why don’t Malays follow the teaching of their Holy Book, I wonder.
“The Jews and the Christians will never be pleased with you unless you follow their ways.”