All Malaysians are rooting for Lee Chong Wei to bring home our country’s first ever Olympic gold medal, except for the Dapsters that is.
Below is a sampling of comments by Dapsters on Chong Wei’s previous Olympic outing and its run-up in London (screenshots at bottom of page):
- “Lee Chong Wei, thanks for giving badminton a bad name. What’s the use of becoming an excellent sportsman when you are ultimately just another greedy, ambitious jerk who sucks up to your powerful patrons in Putrajaya?”.
- “I am a Malaysian Chinese and I admit that I root for all of Lee Chong Wei‘s opponents. … Yes someone called him BN-Ah Beng while he should be called Umno running dog — tui tui.”
- “I am not a badminton supporter but was relieved he did not win. Can we imagine how the politician would have gloated over this.”
- “Yes, I cheered for Lin Dan for political reasons.”
- “He may be a good badminton player but his intelligence is below par. He doesn’t even know that he’s being made use of.”
- “There were Chinese watching the game at the local pub who were relieved that LCW didn’t win. I know many Chinese who think the same.”
- .“Honestly, I was rooting for Lin Dan.”
- “I too always root for his opponents.”
- “But after knowing the Big Fat Mama is going there to ‘support’ LCW, I preferred that LCW to lose the final.”
- “I have some friends who are disgusted with him, hoping that he loses each time he played.”
- “I, for once, really am glad that LCW lost.”
- “I stopped watching after his All England win last year. I understand that he has to attend gov’t functions like Nicol David but do you hear Nicol David talking cock?”
- “[The fat lady] has no business to be giving you advice — encouragement ok but definitely not advice.”
Rio Olympics: Badminton men’s seeding
- Lee Chong Wei (Malaysia)
- Chen Long (China)
- Lin Dan (China)
- Viktor Axelsen (Denmark)
- Jan Jorgensen (Denmark)
Badminton ace Chong Wei is currently holding the world No.1 ranking. At age 34, the Rio de Janeiro Games is his last chance to win that elusive Olympic gold and bring glory to Malaysia.
The matches start in Rio on Thursday.
Runner up finish in Beiijng and London
Chong Wei has been the silver medalist twice in the last two Olympics.
Both his matchups in the consecutive Olympic finals were against China’s Lin Dan.
Olympics badminton final
- Bejing 2008: Lin Dan beat Chong Wei 21–12, 21–8
- London 2012: Lin Dan beat Chong Wei 15-21, 21-10, 21-19
- Rio 2016: Lin Dan seeded to meet Chong Wei in the semi-finals
As the two-time Olympic defending champion, Lin Dan has the chance to go for a hattrick. As the first seed, Chong Wei stands in the path of China’s badminton legend etching his name in the Olympic hall of fame.
No prizes for guessing who the Dapsters are cheering for to win.
Chong Wei booed by Dapsters
While the popular Chong Wei is generally well liked by Malaysians of all races, he is hated by the Dapsters.
The hatred that Dapsters have for the country’s symbols, including its champion sportsmen, is par for the course. In the case of Chong Wei, the animus which the Dapsters have for him is compounded by what they see as his friendly relations with Rosmah Mansor.
Daspters are, needless to say, demented.
Rosmah is the patron of Malaysia’s badminton association. How do they expect our country’s top national player to behave towards her? Perpetually spit venom just like them?
Their hatred knows no bounds
Malaysiakini subscribers confessed their animosity to Chong Wei at the last Olympics in London.
Screenshot of reader comments on Chong Wei taken from Malaysiakini article, ‘I’m no political tool, says badminton champ‘ in the run-up to the last summer Olympics, and ‘Chua slams Mano in front of Chong Wei‘ when the then MCA president Chua Soi Lek defended Chong Wei after the latter was berated by a DAP Adun for his bridesmaid finisher performance at the London Olympics.
There is something pathologically wrong with Dapsters. Aside from spilling over with hate, they can’t stop from always wanting to ‘kena’kan orang.
It’s getting harder and harder to see where the boundary of their nasty. deranged behaviour will ever have an end.