Reader surrhead left the comment below @ May 22, 2017 @ 18:41
“Care to explain how is she hypocrite? by practicing her faith? And now, practicing own’s faith is wrong?? Did she introduce any bill relating to Christianity?? You are only agreeing to Dr Kamarul cos you need to suck up to the umno brand Malays, and to stay relevant……”
MY REPLY: I’m sure that I’ve said Hannah is a bloody hypocrite years ago.
There are many reasons I view her as a disgusting hypocrite but naming one would suffice.
(1) She raised a stink at National Registration Department, demanding that her newborn be classified “Anak M’sia” in the ‘Keturunan’ birth cert box when there is and has never been such a category under our official documentation.
(2) She insisted that her baby – being of mixed race – cannot be put under any of the existing ethnic boxes. With the support of her party, she even later petitioned the PM to compel a gomen dept. to create this new category specially for her (shortly after, LGE’s political secretary Ng Wei Aik too pulled the same stunt for his baby girl), and trying to do away with race identification in our official MyKad.
(3) The NRD ignored her drama queen shenanigans and simply did the paperwork on her behalf – classing Shay Adora Ram as “Chinese” under race, and “Christian” under religion.
(4) When she received a backlash from MIC and the more traditional among the Indian community, she conveniently shifted the blame and said the NRD clerk did it. Well, the clerk got the child’s religion correct, so it is a stretch to pretend that the mother did not check and approve the form ascertation process. And in any case, Hannah only accused the clerk after she had gotten flak from the Indians. So I don’t buy her flimsy excuse of faulting the gomen counter staff.
PATHETIC! Father’s name pun truncated from the Tamil ‘Ramachandran’ to ‘Ram’
(5) Hannah’s second child is classed ‘Indian’ in her birth cert. So now the two girls – sisters having the same father – one is officially Chinese, and the other is officially Indian. From the younger girl’s details, it appears that following the father’s race is the default position. After all, both our Chinese and Indian civilizations are partriachies.
(6) So why did the ostensibly ‘colour blind’ DAP politician – when denied her own pluck-from-thin-air first option, and forced to choose between either one of the parent’s ethnicity, finally pick the maternal line to follow? Poor Mr Hannah Yeoh … the whole of M’sia can see who wears the pants in that family.
(7) Hypocrite much? Hell yah.
Is Hannah ashamed to call her child an Indian?
When push came to shove, Hannah chose ‘Chinese’ over ‘Indian’. Not hypocrite?
Just because she’s all screwed-up, she wants to mess with the NRD procedures instead.