The mother of all U-Turns is surely the apostolistic Acts of DAP evangelistas embracing Tun Mahathir as new political Lord and Messiah. All in the pursuit of their Holy Grail … for the power and the glory. Like Dr Kua Kia Soong said, DAP’s Down-with-Najib politics is “opportunism in its crudest form”.
Evangelistas are the born again Mahathiristas – opportunists in crudest form looking to Tun M as Saviour, and telling the public that together (DAP + Mahathir), they will ‘Save Malaysia’.
And the most crude, grasping opportunist is comrade Lim Kit Siang who used to believe Tun M was a ‘pirate’. In Dr Kua’s recall, Kit Siang had often labelled the crony capitalist privatization of our national assets by Dr Mahathir as “piratization”.
Today, the Father of Lim Guan Eng is BFF with the Father of Crony Capitalism. Yet Grandpa Dapster, among all the people, knows better than anyone else about the scandals estimated by Barry Wain (author of the Mahathir biography Malaysian Maverick) to cost our country close to RM100 billion. Imagine, all that oil money simply squandered during the Mahathir era.
How can Dapsters still insist that the poison must be rebranded to function as the antidote, and we have no choice but to accept their Orwellian formulation or else be branded traitor to country and the Chinese race?
BELOW: Hannah Yeoh trotting like a lapdog at Mahathir’s heels
Love means never having to say you’re sorry
Tun Mahathir has no need ever to apologize to the Dapster evangelistas. He doesn’t have to say sorry because after all they will love him all the same (like how they used also to love PAS in the Pakatan honeymoon period).
Dr Kua Kia Soong gave the opposition a piece of his mind this morning in Malaysiakini. His article titled ‘Mahathir must state what he is sorry for’ is simply too delectable for how it provoked a torrent of abuse and vitriol from the usual suspects. So I’m sharing below in bullet points some of its highlights.
BELOW: The entire Dapster family – Papa Guan Eng, Mama Hannah, Grandpa Kit Siang – fawning on Tun M
DR KUA WROTE (see double quotation marks):
(My own comments are juxtaposed within brackets in italics)
• Tun M pulled off a de-apology (but the evangelistas are A-okay with that sleight of hand); “If Najib does the same ritualistic apology tomorrow without even mentioning 1MDB, will he also be forgiven by the crypto-Mahathiristas?” (What do you think?)
• “Mahathir needs to tell us how his thinking has changed from the time he was PM” (Tun doesn’t need to do any changing lah, DAP already UBAH 180-degrees to accommodate the upside down)
• “As one of these PH leaders has recently confessed to being a crypto-Mahathirista while condemning Mahathir for decades: “Under Mahathir, we could hold our heads high, now under Najib…” (I googled but couldn’t find which Pakatan leader Dr Kua was referring to as saying the above. However, the google search result did turn up the following quote by Wong Chun Wai)
“We hold our heads high and proudly tell foreigners that we are Malaysians because of you, Dr Mahathir. You have been an inspiration to all of us.” — Wong Chun Wai
ABOVE: Hannah Yeoh once swore BN lawmakers were “wicked” for supporting detention without trial; today she and her fellow DAP evangelistas are the staunchest supporters of Tun Mahathir who was the Home Minister that oversaw Ops Lalang
• Dr Kua Kia Soong: “Actually, if I had to say what was the worst thing that Mahathir did during his term in office, I would say it was the forced displacement of 10,000 indigenous peoples from 15 different ethnic communities from their Bakun ancestral lands. It was a wicked thing to do at a time when the Bakun dam project had been suspended as a result of the financial crisis in 1998.”
(Helen Ang: And today, the ever-preaching, forever-pontificating DAP evangelistas have cleansed Tun M of his sins and past Umno “wickedness” … for the DAP, wickedness is not a constant but a variable that can be ‘ubah’, easily adjusted according to political expediency)
• Dr Kua Kia Soong: ‘Then there were the hundreds of plantation communities and urban settlers displaced through Mahathir’s privatization policies.” (Helen: Hindraf classed them under the term DEWs, Displaced Estate Workers)
• Dr Kua: “Taxes on the rakyat will continue and income disparities will continue to widen while the working class will continue to bear the burden of so-called development.” (Helen: Ditto under a DAP regime.)
Trust that Dr Kua holding up a mirror to the DAP hypocrisy is certain to draw unhinged responses from rabid Dapsters. The reaction has been fast and furious and in the vein of the type of attack that evangelistas usually direct at Ridhuan Tee.
Among comments by Malaysiakini subscribers: “Kit Siang has forgiven Mahathir for the sake of saving the country. You [Dr Kua] are a small minded fellow who should crawl back into your selfish hole”.
ABOVE: “How I wish Tun Mahathir had put Kua Kia Soong in jail forever!”
Dr Kua is told that he “talk shit” and asked to “shut up”. Another Dapster says, “Stop your personal vendetta or just get lost!”
A Malaysiakini reader calling him/herself ‘CQ Muar’ tells Dr Kua to “stop harassing the nonagenarian” while the anonymous ‘anonyxyz’ claims, “KKS is very sick mentally”. Another fella is relieved, “Thank god you are not in DAP”; “Frankly you are rubbish … like dung!”
“Kia Soong, Kia Soong…… You really want the pound of flesh from the Tun. If you are a Christian, may God forgive you,” comes from someone calling him/herself ‘The Mask’.
Confirmed. The DAP evangelistas have become Maharistas alright.