I’m just going to discuss one issue: The intersection of race and religion in the Zakir Naik controversy.
But first, let’s sort the GE14+GE15 sheeple into their separate sheep pens to help our discussion. The three groups are broadly:
(a) Malay Muslim polity – Umno/PAS voters
(b) Christians, i.e. Malaysians of any race – DAP voters
(c) non Muslims & non Christians, i.e. Buddhists, Hindus, Sikhs, Taoists, agnostics/atheists, etc – Harapan voters
Zakir Naik, Muslim televangelist
• ZN is supported by (a), including PM Mahathir, the Minister of Religion Mujahid and Perlis Mufti Asri Zainul Abidin.
• He is opposed by (b) because he derides Christianity.
• He is also opposed by (c) because he derides Hinduism and other smaller religions.
My personal opinion is that ZN is a slimy religious supremacist.
Peace is War, Love is Hate
Fact: On top of his bad blood with India’s teeming Hindus, ZN is in trouble with the law in his country of origin.
His Peace TV is banned in Buddhist country Sri Lanka and even in Muslim country Bangladesh. He is considered a hate preacher in some western/Christian countries.
• Malay Muslims – Group (a) – want ZN to be protected and allowed to stay on in Malaysia.
• Christians – Group (b) – are worried about potential religious incitement or “inspiration”, citing news reports that the Sri Lanka church-bombing mastermind suspect had publicly praised ZN.
• Religious minorities – Group (c) – want ZN to be deported back to India to face court charges for money laundering.
ABOVE: Before GE14, the DAP called out ZN as a menace, post-election lain cerita lah
The big betrayal
How are the Harapan hypocrite YBs treating their voters?
Remember the profiles of the three groups:
- (a) did not vote for Harapan
- (b) overwhelmingly voted DAP
- Large majority of (c) voted Harapan
Answer: They all unanimously reward (a). In this DAP are no different from the Umno they hate, the PAS they despise and the BN (MCA & MIC) they curse as “running dogs”.
ABOVE: Perlis Mufti Asri is invited by DAP Christian MP Steven Sim Chee Keong (right) to jaw-jaw with Lim Guan Beng
DAP, which received 95 percent of the Chinese votes, is further prepared to pander to an Islamic hardliner like the Perlis Mufti. In fact, Asri and Steven Sim are such doppelgängers (their pictures compared above) that we can’t tell DAP evangelists apart from Islamists anymore.
If (b) are concerned about safety, they can afford to hire their own private security guard for Sunday worship.
If (c) are dissatisfied, you can bugger off. Your votes are not worth a packet of Maggi Mi.
Mahathir’s paternal grandfather is from Kerala. But the Harapan chairman has shown very little kam cheng (sympathy) with Hindu Indians whose forefathers had similarly immigrated from south India, in contrast to his warm hand clasp of ZN below.
And there is no ubah in Mahathir’s anti-Chinese attitude either.
I told you so
One year ago, in the wee hours of 10 April 2018 as the final devastating results of the election trickled in, I’d thought “this is a nightmare”. However, looking now at the developments over the past 12 months, I’m convinced, WOW! karma is swift.
Going into GE14, both sides were wondering whether DAP was going to be able to pull Pribumi’s puppet strings or whether Mahathir was going to control the Lims.
Now we know. The old man is gleefully grinding DAP under his heel as the reversals or two steps back on Malay agenda, Islamization, UEC, matric, ICERD, Rome Statute and other matters have clearly shown.
Some of (b) were simply vicious in their determination to win at all cost while some of the (c) were pure savagery, determined to stop at nothing in their bid for Putrajaya. Well, they’ve met their match in Beloved Tun. Padan muka.