DAP strategist Liew Chin Tong anticipates that for GE15, Umno will take over the following mixed seats previously contested by MCA.
These constituencies have roughly between 40 and 65 percent Malay voters. In brackets are the parties currently holding the seats and their elected MPs.
- Alor Setar (PKR) Chan Ming Kai
- Padang Serai (PKR) Karupaiya Mutusami
- Gopeng (PKR) Lee Boon Chye
- Tanjong Malim (PKR) Chang Lih Kang
- Raub (DAP) Tengku Zulpuri
- Kuantan (PKR) Fuziah Salleh
- Selayang (PKR) William Leong
- Ampang ex-(PKR) Zuraidah Kamaruddin
- Pandan (PKR) Wan Azizah
- Bangi (DAP) Ong Kian Ming
- Petaling Jaya (PKR) Maria Chin Abdullah
- Wangsa Maju (PKR) Tan Yee Kew
- Seremban (DAP) Anthony Loke
- Alor Gajah ex-(PKR) Redzuan Yusof
- Bakri (DAP) Yeo Bee Yin
- Kluang (DAP) Wong Shu Qi
- Tebrau (PKR) Choong Shaiu Yoon
The following mixed seats previously contested by Gerakan are also likely to be taken over by Umno in GE15, according to Chin Tong’s prediction. They have roughly between 35 and 60 percent Malay voters.
Gerakan deserted BN almost as soon as BN was toppled in GE14, and BN should not take this back this fickle party.
- Taiping (DAP) Teh Kok Lim
- Teluk Intan (DAP) Nga Kor Ming
- Puchong (DAP) Gobind Singh
- Batu (PKR) Prabakaran Parameswaran
- Simpang Renggam ex-(Pribumi) Maszlee Malik
In some of these seats, the votes garnered by MCA added with the votes garnered by PAS together in total exceeded the number of votes collected by the Harapan candidate. In other words, if there were a straight fight, the Muafakat man – hypothetically – would be able to beat the Harapan non Malay.
Of the 22 seats above, Harapan Malays are the MPs in Raub, Kuantan, Ampang, Pandan, Alor Gajah and Simpang Renggam. In the remaining 16 seats, the Harapan MPs are non Malays.
If Chin Tong’s forecast is accurate, GE15 will set up 16 new clashes between Malay vs non Malay candidates where previously the contest was MCA Chinese vs Harapan non Malay, or Gerakan Chinese vs Harapan non Malay.
Mahathir is DAP’s new BFF
Mahathir yesterday accused Najib of working hard to convince Malays that DAP would destroy their race. PM7 said this last night in Alor Setar at an event billed ‘Blackout Bersatu Dengan Dr Mahathir Mohamad’.
“Dia (Najib) menakutkan orang Melayu. Kononnya dalam kerajaan (Haparan) ada DAP. Kononnya, DAP akan hancurkan Melayu,” said Mahathir defending Guan Eng by heaping skepticism and sarcasm on Najib.
Since the DAP and their Beloved Tun are so into each other, the evangelical party must really invite him to be their honorary chairman. Mahathir within the DAP fold can help to plan their election strategy on how to fight Umno.