“According to ProPublica, more than ten thousand Chinese government-linked accounts on Twitter were used to cast doubt on early reports related to the outbreak in Wuhan.”
“Citizen Lab documented thousands of keywords related to COVID that were suppressed by the Chinese government on platforms YY and WeChat. Many deleted posts criticized the government for their handling of the outbreak.”
The above were two of some ten ways Beijing deflected attention and misled the world at the outset of the Wuhan virus.
BELOW: The gazillion tons of discarded face masks are a menace to wildlife
Dr Scott Gottlieb lists examples of the Chinese government’s corrupt handling of the emerging coronavirus outbreak.
1. Silencing Genetic Sequencing
2. Censoring Doctors
3. Deploying Social Media Bots
4. Censoring Social Media<
5. Not Reporting the Outbreak to the WHO as Required
6. Refusing to Share the Coronavirus’ Genetic Sequence
7. Not Sharing Virus Samples
8. Attempting to Avoid Travel Restrictions
9. Misleading the World Health Organization
10. Refusing to Allow CDC Scientists Into Wuhan
For details, read in full the article titled ‘10 Ways the Chinese Government Lied, Misled, and Messed Up Early on in the Pandemic’ at Real Clear Science.