Was the Sheraton Move something out of the blue or could we reasonably have expected such a scorpion sting to come from Mahathir?
DAP had assured its sheeple that Mahathir was a “changed man” who would never think to pull the rug out from Anwar’s feet before the promised PM changeover.
If only the Nons could think for themselves instead of being led by nose, they’d have seen many clues to Mahathir’s imminent sucker punch … his swift uppercut knocking down their precious government which 95 percent of Chinese turkeys voted to install.
BELOW: Note that Ismail Sabri was not at this 23 Feb 2020 pow wow greenlighting the Sheraton Move
Mahathir spoke openly to the world but Cina DAP stone deaf
Harapan was in power for 22 months. I’ve divided the duration of Harapan’s Putrajaya stint into four equal time blocs of six months each — as below.
For each time bloc, I’ve listed one Mahathir utterance at a significant event which indicated his negative thinking about the Chinese.
His publicly articulated views should have given Cina DAP a hint (four hints even) of the knockout blow against Harapan that was soon to be thrown.
Four time blocs spanning election victory 2018 to Sheraton 2020
- Bloc #1: April 2018 to Sept 2018
- Bloc #2: Oct 2018 to March 2019
- Bloc #3: April 2019 to Sept 2019
- Bloc #4: Oct 2019 to March 2020
Four Mahathir speeches delivered at:
• Bloc #1 — UN general assembly on 28 Sept 2018
• Bloc #2 — Asean summit on 13 Nov 2018
• Bloc #3 — UN general assembly on 27 Sept 2019
• Bloc #4 — Amanat Tun Dr Mahathir aka Malay Dignity Congress on 6 Oct 2019
((1) At the UN in 2018, Mahathir said Malaysia would ratify Icerd — the International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination.
This promise on Icerd was like the tekong setting up his ball in a sepak takraw match. It was red meat lofted to the Malay nationalists who took the bait.
They mounted a street rally on Dec 8 — a massive protest and show of Malay might that suitably cowed the Nons.
(2) At the Asean summit, Mahathir spoke of non-Malay citizens who were “people of foreign origin” — see details in my blog entry posted earlier today. The Chinese were cast anew as “orang asing”.
(3) At the UN in 2019, Mahathir referred to the expulsion of Rohingya from Myanmar, saying “Many colonies of the West, upon independence, expelled non natives in their countries”.
In our local context: Tunku did not expel the non natives from Malaya upon Merdeka.
(4) Mahathir’s amanat at Kongres Maruah Melayu was filled with references to the Chinese as orang asing.
BELOW: Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Why then did the DAP voter base use all their electoral muscle to lift this racist as their beloved seventh prime minister?
See Kit Siang’s tweet above for an overabundance of gallows humour.
As their Harapan chairman, Mahathir needled and prodded but the narcotised 95 percent Chinese felt no prick until the Sheraton shoe dropped.