Finally, The Star admits giving DAP evangelistas the VIP treatment
Do the other BN components receive such flattering service from The Star as well?
Regarding the enigma of The Star bending over backwards for the DAP evangelistas, below you hear from the horse’s mouth.
A spokesman for the newspaper yesterday revealed the length to which the MCA-owned paper is willing to go for its political rival (unless they’re not really competing against each other but in fact secretly in cahoots).
Excerpts from the article ‘GE13: The Star refutes Tony Pua’s allegation over DAP ad‘ (1 May 2013):
- Advertisement material normally needs to be given seven days in advance but The Star accepted last-minute changes and material from the DAP, said a spokesman for The Star.
- Red FM, the radio station belonging to the Star Media Group, gave “a hefty discount” to the DAP for its advertisement spots, said the Star spokesman.
- “The Star had carried news and photographs of the DAP on its main pages and Metro Central. In Metro North, a whole page was dedicated to the DAP mega ceramah in Penang,” said the Star spokesman.
- According to the Star spokesman, ever since the campaigning started his newspaper has given Tony Pua wide coverage in its print copy as well as online portal.
- Over the past one week alone, The Star carried two reports and a picture of Tony Pua despite his being away from his Petaling Jaya Utara constituency campaigning elsewhere, added the Star spokesman.
- “He was even invited for a video interview to be carried over The Star Online, which has more than 40 million page views”, disclosed the Star spokesman. [Wow! Terribly impressed.]
- “We regret that he [Tony Pua] has not been thankful to what The Star has done for him,” the spokesman lamented.
*** *** ***
And that’s what I’ve been saying all along, i.e. The Star has been actively campaigning for the DAP evangelistas, of which Tony Pua is a leading figure (photo below — Tony & the evangelistas meeting NECF).
By its own admission, The Star Online alone has “more than 40 million page views”. Add that figure to the flagship print circulation and you get a whole lot of captive eyeballs, not to mention pairs of young ears exposed to the DAP evangelista propaganda 24/7 through the multiple media channels and products belonging to the Star group.
Not only that, the Star management willfully allows its staff to use the group’s various multimedia platforms to denigrate the MCA, publicize the evangelista personality cults as well as promote and protect the DAP SuperCyber Bully network.
The Star audience does not comprise poor people who can ill-afford a newspaper subscription but the vocal and articulate middle-class who have been amplifying the DAP evangelista message far and wide, and causing the MCA to bleed to death.
Update: The Star Online has today republished the Tony Pua yesterday’s story under a slightly modified headline ‘GE13: Pua left out facts over DAP’s adverts, says The Star‘.